CEENQA is a non-governmental and non-profit organization with the purpose of promoting the cooperation between the member organisations in the development and harmonisation of their activities, in the field of quality assurance and quality improvement in higher education in Central and Eastern Europe, thereby making a contribution towards the development and implementation of the European Higher Education Area.
To achieve its purpose the Association has the following objectives:
- To assist each other in elaborating measures for harmonizing activities in quality assurance in the Central and Eastern European region, in order to participate in the European dimension of higher education, and to play a proactive role in shaping the European higher education area,
- To serve asa clearing house for issueson qualityassurancein highereducation in the Central and Eastern European countries and to exchange information about background, aims, procedures and outcomes of activities of member agencies,
- To share experiences and to foster cooperation in all fields of activity among member agencies.
The Network of Central and Eastern European Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA) was founded on October 13, 2001 in Krakow, Poland, after a first meeting in Budapest, Hungary the year before. CEENQA was legally registered in Düsseldorf, Germany on July 4, 2011.
The Network is a non-governmental and non-profit organization.
According to its Statutes, is the purpose of the Association the cooperation between the member organizations in the development and harmonization of their activities in the field of quality assurance and quality improvement in higher education in Central and Eastern Europe, thereby making a contribution towards the development and implementation of the European Higher Education Area.
Tangible benefits for membership:
- Visibility via the CEENQA website
- Informative newsletters about developments in our regions are appearing several times a year
- Invitation to our annual workshops and general assembly
- Participation in European projects
- Membership in the board
More Information can be found in our leaflet or on the following pages.