CEENQA is a non-profit association. It exclusively and directly pursues non-profit-oriented goals as defined by the section “Tax-privileged purposes” of the German revenue code. The Association’s activities are altruistic. It does not pursue goals primarily serving its own economic interest. The resources of the Association may be used only for statutory purposes. Members do not receive payouts or other monetary benefits, other than expenses incurred in the course of their work for the Association. No person may profit from expenses, which would be contrary to the purposes of the Association, or from disproportionately high allowances.
To achieve its purpose the Association has the following objectives
- To assist each other in elaborating measures for harmonizing activities in quality assurance in the Central and Eastern European region, in order to participate in the European dimension of higher education, and to play a proactive role in shaping the European higher education area,
- To serve as a clearing house for issues on quality assurance in higher education in the Central and Eastern European countries and to exchange information about background, aims, procedures and outcomes of activities of member agencies,
- To share experiences and to foster cooperation in all fields of activity among member agencies.
The Association will comply with the German Civil Code.
Admission of members and membership
- Membership in the Association is open to organisations which are recognised by the authorities of the respective countries as national or regional agencies in the field of quality assurance in higher education.
- Membership is subject to formal admission. Applications must be addressed in writing to the President of the Association. Admissions shall be approved by the General Assembly, following consideration of the application by the Executive Board. Membership shall become effective upon receipt of a written declaration of admission.
- Membership in the Association does not bar members from membership in other international or national organisations.
- Membership is subject to the obligations mentioned in these Statutes.