The Central and Easter European Network of Quality Assurance in Higher Education held its biennial general assembly in Sofia May 28, 2010, where it celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Network. The annual workshop attached to the yearly Steering Committee meeting took place on 29 May in the city of Plovdiv. The meetings were generously and efficiently hosted by the National Accreditation and Evaluation Agency of the Republic of Bulgaria (NEAA).
At the meeting, the CEE Network accepted five new members:
- Agency for Development of Higher Education and Quality Assurance (ADHEQA), Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Kosovo Accreditation Agency (KAA)
- National Centre of Public Accreditation (NAA), Russia
- Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance and Career Development (AKKORK), Russia
- European Association for Public Administration Accreditation (EAPAA), registered in The Netherlands.
Another applicant, the Commission for Accreditation and Quality Assurance (CAQA) of Serbia, was not able to attend the meeting, therefore their admission was postponed.
The CEE Network elected a new Steering Committee, whose membership was extended from five to seven member agency representatives, including a new chair and vice-chair. The chairperson is
- Aurelija Valeikiene, Deputy Director of the Lithuanian CQAHE
- and Iring Wasser, Managing Director of ASIIN, Germany, is vice-chair.
The members of the new Steering Committee are
- György Bazsa, President of the Hungarian Accreditation Committee
- Dhurata Bozo, Director of PAAHE, Albania
- Jasmina Havranek, Director of the Croatian Agency for Science and Higher Education
- Todor Shopov, International Affairs Councilor, of NEAA, Bulgaria
- Marek Wasowicz, Chairperson of the University Accreditation Commission of Poland.
Members unanimously re-named Christina Rozsnyai as Secretary General.
The second day of the meeting was devoted to a workshop titled “Quality Assurance in a Changing World”. The presentations were by Josep Grifoll, Board member of ENQA; Colin Tück, Acting Director of EQAR; and Fabrice Henard from OECD, who spoke about projects in their respective organizations. The CEE Network will participate in some of them. A brief roundtable discussion was introduced with presentations by Radu Damian, Pavol Navrat, Slovkia, Dhurata Bozo, Albania. Radu Damian presented a “Comparison between QA in Eastern and Western Europe – problems and perspectives” and Pavol Navrat and Dhurata Bozo reflected on the “Quality assurance of private and public higher education institutions”.